CHINESE TAIPEI SOCIETY OF ULTRASOUND IN MEDICINE
Diagnostic ultrasound was introduced to Taiwan in the late 1960’s, first by neurologists and obstetricians, then gradually abdominal, urological and cardiac scanning were started as well. With the introduction of portable real-time scanners in the late 1970’s, ultrasound scanners proliferated rapidly in Taiwan.
By that time, the need for a society for medical ultrasound to provide education was quite clear. So, on June 17, 1984, Professor Hsi-Yao Chen and Professor Fon-Jou Hsieh together with pioneers in other specialties founded the Society of Ultrasound in Medicine, ROC at Taipei, Taiwan. Professor Hsi-Yao Chen was elected as president and Professor Fon-Jou Hsieh as Secretary General. The number of founding members was 467, now increased to 5999.
We provide various training courses to doctors in practice. Only by attending basic courses or submitting the papers to JMU can one become a member. We also provide various advanced courses and workshops to member doctors, non-member doctors and technician Our membership has now exceeded 6,000, second only to Japan in the Asian region.
BOARD MEMBERS & COMMITTEES
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
DEPUTY SECRETARIES GENERAL
Chair of Committees:
Accreditation: Horng-Yuan Wang
Education & Training: Shi-Ming Lin
Education Material & Edition: Wen-Jin Cherng
Health Affairs & Policy: Chung-Sheng Lin
Informatics: Lung-Chun Lin
News Letter & Communication: Sien-Sing Yang
Public Relationship: Chyi-Long Lee
Scientific Program: Pei-Ming Yang
Treasury: Ching-Chang Hsieh
Specialist Accreditation: Ting-Ywan Chou
Innovative Invention and Improvement of Medical Ultrasound Instrument: Yio-Wha Shau
Research and Development in Ultrasound Medicine: Yi-Hong Chou
MEMBERSHIP: 5999 ALLIED MEMBER: 391 (December, 2017)
Qualifications for membership:
- 1Medical Doctors with at least 3 years exposure to diagnostic ultrasound in a teaching hospital who attend the appropriate basic courses..
- 2Medical Engineers with expertise in Medical Ultrasound with published research
- Basic Courses:
- Lectures and practical training
- (Obstetrics & Gynecology, Gastroenterology, Urology, Nephrology, Cardiology, Chest Medicine, Pediatrics, Neurology, Radiology, Endocrinology, Ophthalmology, Musculoskeletal system, )
- Advanced Courses:
- (Obstetrics & Gynecology, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Pediatrics, Neurology, Musculoskeletal, Engineering)
||Affiliated to the Asian Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (AFSUMB)
||Affiliated to the World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (WFUMB)
Financial contributions to AFSUMB and WFUMB: each year every member submits US$1.5 to AFSUMB and US$1.5 to the WFUMB. Owing to the large number of members, the contribution of the Society of Ultrasound in Medicine, ROC (Taiwan) to the AFSUMB and WFUMB is considerable.
||Journal of the Society of Ultrasound in Medicine, ROC, (Quarterly)
||Journal of Medical Ultrasound (Quarterly)
- ISSN 0929-6441
- Published by Elsevier.
Available on line: www.jmu-online.com
- Circulation volume: 1000 copies/issue
- The official Journal of Asian Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology
|Bulletin Echo (bi-monthly)